JMJM:

The mind is not separated from the body.  One of the practical meaning of
sitting down is to put together mind and body.  The awareness of the in and out
breathing acts as our anchor, our guard, our guide, our teacher, our
friend...When a sensation, thought or whatever arises it's very easy to see
through the breath the impact that does has over the body.  A person who
observe the mind separated from the body is not doing the practice of zen
correctly.

To some of us undisciplined practicioners. with terrible habbit energies that
pull us continuosly away from the buddha nature and finding in this way
extremely hard the sitting down alone, we are the best to say that when we
manage the discipline of that sitting down.  Taming in the process all that
negative energies, etc...there is after a while holding there a natural arising
of compasion, a natural very kind, caring, loving heart.  If the practice of
sitting down doesn't bring the universal heart, syncronitation with all life,
the universe..., I would say that the sitting down wasn't a real zen sitting
down.

Thanks for bell posting.
Mayka