________________________________

From: DP <wookielife...@yahoo.ca>
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, 6 October, 2010 10:42:52 PM
Subject: [Zen] Re: Hello(from Australia)

>Have you read any of the early Quaker writers, like John Woolman and George
Fox?

Getting hold of, and reading the works by George Fox and Willian Penn in
particular are top in my mind. We had a gathering/meeting today at the Quaker
House here in Toorak(Melbourne) as per normal service, and then I checked some
of the stuff they had in the library. I was tempted to get at least one of
them,
but my main priority for the moment is the bible in its wholeness. The GoodNews
translation(for Roman Catholics) is what I rely on, and it also has the
Apocrypha. Absolutely fascinating, this holy book of ours(ie, Christians)

For the moment, I'm up to the beginning of the Book of Deuteronomy

in peace
Mel