From: Mel <gunnar19632...@yahoo.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Re: Quaker 'meditation'
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, 10 October, 2010, 11:33

From: audreydc1983 <audreydc1...@yahoo.com>
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, 6 October, 2010 10:00:24 PM
Subject: [Zen] Re: Quaker 'meditation'

>I've always been a worrier.

Unfortunately, so am I

>I adopted reading as a coping mechanism, and eventually started working my way
>through the Sherlock Holmes collection.

At home, it is so easy to just sit and meditate, and I do calm down(except
during one occassion). It's much harder on the road because I can't just stop
in my tracks and start breathing in the proper posture. So, I try my hardest to
concentrate on my breathing whilst on the move, and saying something
appropriate to the Heavenly Father as I go along

>he likens the mind to an attic. An attic only has limited space - so he
>chooses his knowledge carefully, so as not to "clutter up" his "mind-attic"
>with useless knowledge. I found it a terrific analogy, and it seemed to help
>me to realize that remembering >everything is not necessary, nay, it is
>detrimental to your working mind. So now I don't feel so guilty about letting
>go of some useless knowledge, when I realize that it's happened. :D

....(*smiles*)...Yep, I can relate to that....

in peace
Mel