Dear all,

I noticed that some of us in the forum are studying or trying to
understand zen, while some of us emphasizes that zen can only be
experienced.  Perhaps both have merits.  If you have not watch this
video by a Harvard trained neuroanatomist.  Please do so.

http://www.ted.com/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight.html

Jill personally witnessed that the state of Samadhi is in her right
brain, while her left brain, where is her logic and words center,  is
having a stroke.

I venture to conclude from this video that perhaps Zen is a combined
state of balance of our entire brain.  Right for harmonious, instinctive
and sensory existence and left for recognizing red light from green light.

What do you say?

:-)

http://chanjmjm.blogspot.com
http://www.heartchan.org