Chris,

First,

What do you understand by compassion? What does Bill understand by
compassion?

What did/do St. Augustine then or Christians today mean bycompassion?

In Buddhism, what is compassion?  Does zazen give rise to compassion?

Depending on your definition of compassion, how does it benefit
humanity?

--ED

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, ChrisAustinLane <ch...@...> wrote:

> Is it fair to observe you prefer to try to understand Bill's
understanding of compassion, than feel compassion?

> Thanks,
> Chris Austin-Lane

> On Nov 1, 2010, at 6:08, "ED" seacrofter...@... wrote:
>
> > Bill,
> >
> > Wherein do you perceive any intelligence or wisdom in St.
Augustine's preference?