On Thursday, January 13, 2011, Mel <gunnar19632...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> --- On Thu, 13/1/11, Chris Austin-Lane <ch...@austin-lane.net> wrote:
>
> Practice doesn't change the nature of what living is.
> MEL: It doesn't change the conditions out there, but we can change from
> within according to the BigMind, which is always in operation.

The zen practice I am getting trained in does not draw a line between
out there and within. conditions are conditions. It rains, I drop
dishes, i get mad, i get happy, the sun rises.

Also, we change any ways, what ever we think about the way we are. I
am not completely against people trying to change, but I am skeptical.
 It seems to me most people would be better off trying to see their
life clearly and make the current instant better rather than have some
long term project to change themselves eventually. For me, such
projects have screwed up more than they have  fixed. Tomorrow will
take care of itself.

--Chris

I snipped the things I basically agree with.  An enjoyable exchange, thanks.