I feed a fox every day at my door.... He should be here soon....

Edgar



On Sep 1, 2011, at 5:58 PM, Anthony Wu wrote:

> Mayka,
>  
> Do you give food to foxes? You must, because you may run into Bill or me.
>  
> Anthony
> 
> --- On Thu, 1/9/11, Maria Lopez <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> From: Maria Lopez <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: [Zen] Re: Mahayana
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Thursday, 1 September, 2011, 11:39 PM
> 
>  
> Bill;
> Can you give a description and give an example of the way you incorporate 
> Buddha Mind in your daily active life?   Is it Buddha Mind applied in daily 
> activities the same as mindfulness?.  This is to verify if are the same thing 
> or there is something different.
>  
> My practice is similar to yours with the difference that sitting down or 
> zazen sessions lack of your daily discipline and there are days still of zero 
> sitting down. I make up a bit with it with the applicationof mindfulness in 
> different activities during the day such as walking in the park, giving food 
> to the birds once a week after collecting hard bread for them.  Birds are 
> very grateful for that specially in winter time. While awakening in the 
> morning, leaving my bed, going to the bath,  brushing my teeth, shower and 
> all the rest of toilette time including the one of evacuating. I've  also 
> train myself in the use reminders such as the ring of phone.  As soon as I 
> hear the first ring  Instead of picking it up immediately I stop and use my 
> conscious breathing and pick up the phone at the third ring. Other bell 
> reminder are the traffic lights.  As soon as I see red it brings me back to 
> my conscious breathing till it changes to green...etc. 
>  
> Mayka
> 
> 
> --- On Thu, 1/9/11, Bill! <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> From: Bill! <[email protected]>
> Subject: [Zen] Re: Mahayana
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Thursday, 1 September, 2011, 2:42
> 
>  
> JMJM,
> 
> I do consider zen my practice.
> 
> I acknowledge that most people classify it as a subset/sect of Mahayana 
> Buddhism, but I do not consider zen a subset of or co-dependent on Buddhism. 
> In fact I consider zen the core Buddhism was built around - like a 
> cultural-specific presetation layer.
> 
> I can't speak for those that consider themselves Mahayana Buddhists, but my 
> practice consists of shikantaza (clear-mind meditation) which is usually 
> associated with zazen (seated meditation) but can be practiced any where at 
> any time under any conditions. I sometimes refer to that state of clear-mind 
> (or no-mind) as 'Buddha Mind'. My personal practice is to incorporate Buddha 
> Mind more and more into my daily life.
> 
> The core teaching of my zen practice is 'Just THIS!.
> 
> ...Bill!
> 
> --- In [email protected], Jue Miao Jing Ming - 覺妙精明 
> <chan.jmjm@...> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Forum,
> > 
> > Do you consider "Zen/zen/your practice" a Mahayana practice? If so, how 
> > does Mahayana actually practice? What is its core teaching?
> > 
> > Thank you in advance, jm
> > 
> > -- 
> > Learn the Basics of Chan Meditation...
> > http://www.chan-meditation.org
> > Chan in everyday life...
> > http://www.chanliving.org
> > To be enlightened in this life...
> > http://www.heartchan.org
> > To save our world...
> > http://www.universal-oneness.org
> >
> 
> 
> 

Reply via email to