Siska:
They may be a tiny minority left in the world but still there are people who do 
things for the wellbeing of life and other human fellows for nothing.  It's 
empathy what leads this minority to act in that way.  There also culutres 
consider as an undevelop that they also do things for the sake of doing it.   
And there is not a catch when they do that.  On the other side of the spectrum 
and Living in that "develop" societies that seem to go crazy in the worst way 
of destructive madness for all what is simple and beautiful and giving as a 
result  selfish self-centered individuals doesn't mean that everyone is on that 
boat.  
Mayka
   

--- On Sun, 11/9/11, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:


From: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Fwd: Re: [Zen Living] Supreme Vehicle
To: [email protected]
Date: Sunday, 11 September, 2011, 4:27


  



Hi Mayka,

> A high percentage of English people met,  they tended to be very friendly 
> only when they're not in their own land or also when they want something from 
> you. 

Don't we all? Each of us is selfish being. It's only the extend we apply it in 
our actions that is a little different.

Unless we're enlightened.

Siska


From: Maria Lopez <[email protected]> 
Sender: [email protected] 
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 15:07:04 +0100 (BST)
To: <[email protected]>
ReplyTo: [email protected] 
Subject: Re: [Zen] Fwd: Re: [Zen Living] Supreme Vehicle

  






Billl:
If someone from the all over the world students studying in England hear you 
about this "friendly people" may give you a good slap in the face to help see 
reality in England.  American people are very helpful and friendly, that is a 
true statement.  But, THE ENGLISH LIVING IN ENGLAND?.   I don't think so!!. A 
high percentage of English people met,  they tended to be very friendly only 
when they're not in their own land or also when they want something from you. . 
Mayka

 
 
 
--- On Fri, 9/9/11, Bill! <[email protected]> wrote:


From: Bill! <[email protected]>
Subject: [Zen] Fwd: Re: [Zen Living] Supreme Vehicle
To: [email protected]
Date: Friday, 9 September, 2011, 3:13


  

As a native English-speaker that speaks a few other languages (badly) I can 
tell you I believe English-speakers are VERY flexible when listening to others 
speak English or any other language. I think that is because we are used to 
hearing many different kinds of English: British (which itself has many 
dialects), USA (which has many dialects), Australians, New Zealanders and South 
Africans; and English spoken non-native English-speakers such as the Irish, 
Scots, Welsh and India; and the rest of the world that have learned English to 
some extent or the other.

I live in Thailand and speak Thai - somewhat. Some Thai's can understand my 
Thai fairly well, and some can't understand a word I say. Of course Thai is a 
tonal language where one syllable can have 5 different tones which changes the 
meaning, but some Thai's are more rigid about this than others, and I don't 
mean rigid in that they don't like the way I speak, but rigid in that they just 
can't understand what I'm saying unless I'm using EXACTLY the right tonation.

...Bill!

--- In [email protected], siska_cen@... wrote:
>
> Hi Mayka,
> 
> > I didn't say you have a problem of mis-interpretation. 
> 
> I wasn't saying that you did either ;-) 
> 
> I was sharing my feeling that english speaking people are generally better in 
> understanding 'broken' english than myself, who find it a little hard to 
> understand 'broken' indonesian.
> 
> Siska
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Maria Lopez <flordeloto@...>
> Sender: [email protected]
> Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 14:57:12 
> To: <[email protected]>
> Reply-To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [Zen] Fwd: Re: [Zen Living] Supreme Vehicle
> 
> Siska:
> I didn't say you have a problem of mis-interpretation.  I said that as 
> people who first language is not English we may make use of expressions or 
> even funny grammar...(at the very least, I do at times) and as a result there 
> is a misinterpretation etc.  However, there are also misinterpretations or 
> misunderstandings at times in one owns language communicated  through 
> internet, anyway. 
> Mayka  
> 
> --- On Thu, 8/9/11, siska_cen@... <siska_cen@...> wrote:
> 
> 
> From: siska_cen@... <siska_cen@...>
> Subject: Re: [Zen] Fwd: Re: [Zen Living] Supreme Vehicle
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Thursday, 8 September, 2011, 12:06
> 
> 
>   
> 
> 
> 
> Hello Mayka,
> 
> I don't really have mis-interpretation problem. I find that english speaking 
> people I've met have very good sense in guessing whatever we meant with our 
> limited english. Unlike myself. 
> 
> Where I used to work, there were expatriates. When they speak our language, 
> broken, I found it really hard to guess correctly what they were trying to 
> say.
> 
> Siska
> 
> 
> From: Maria Lopez <flordeloto@...> 
> Sender: [email protected] 
> Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 08:19:53 +0100 (BST)
> To: <[email protected]>
> ReplyTo: [email protected] 
> Subject: Re: [Zen] Fwd: Re: [Zen Living] Supreme Vehicle
> 
>   
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Hi Siska!
> I was unaware of English not been your first language.  We're in the same 
> boat here.  It also happens to me to express things that native English 
> speakers interpretation differs from what I meant to communicate.  
> Mayka
> 
> --- On Wed, 7/9/11, siska_cen@... <siska_cen@...> wrote:
> 
> 
> From: siska_cen@... <siska_cen@...>
> Subject: Re: [Zen] Fwd: Re: [Zen Living] Supreme Vehicle
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Wednesday, 7 September, 2011, 12:14
> 
> 
>   
> 
> Bill,
> 
> English being my second language, sometimes I'm not aware of connotation 
> implied in the words. It reminds me of once when I said, "I believe we all 
> get what we deserve". To me, it simply means we reap what we sow, be it good 
> or bad. But I was corrected because 'deserve' implies punishment, of which I 
> wasn't aware.
> 
> This is a good reminder. Thank you.
> 
> Siska 
> 
> 
> From: "Bill!" <BillSmart@...> 
> Sender: [email protected] 
> Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 08:16:51 -0000
> To: <[email protected]>
> ReplyTo: [email protected] 
> Subject: [Zen] Fwd: Re: [Zen Living] Supreme Vehicle
> 
>   
> 
> Anthony, Mike and Siska,
> 
> Well you all used or continued to repeat the word 'condemn' which implies 
> it's a bad thing. You didn't say your were 'rewarded' with the life of a 
> fox...
> 
> But I of all people know how tricky the English language can be when talking 
> about these types of things, so I'll take your word for it.
> 
> ...Bill! 
> 
> --- In [email protected], siska_cen@ wrote:
> >
> > Bill, I never said it is a bad (or good) thing. I don't think Mike did 
> > either ;-)
> > 
> > Siska
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: "Bill!" <BillSmart@>
> > Sender: [email protected]
> > Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 04:22:41 
> > To: <[email protected]>
> > Reply-To: [email protected]
> > Subject: [Zen] Fwd: Re: [Zen Living] Supreme Vehicle
> > 
> > ...and what's so bad about living as a fox for 500 years?
> > 
> > ...Bill!
> > 
> > --- In [email protected], siska_cen@ wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Mike,
> > > 
> > > Ah, got your point.
> > > 
> > > > there is no self, yet..
> > > There is no self, no yet ;-)
> > > 
> > > Siska
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From: mike brown <uerusuboyo@>
> > > Sender: [email protected]
> > > Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 07:28:05 
> > > To: [email protected]<[email protected]>
> > > Reply-To: [email protected]
> > > Subject: Re: [Zen] Fwd: Re: [Zen Living] Supreme Vehicle
> > > 
> > > Hi Siska,
> > >  
> > > Oh, I see. I thought you were asking if saying, "There is and isn't a 
> > > diifference" condemns you to 500 years as a fox. Really, it's just a 
> > > question of neither being absolute nor subjective. For example, there is 
> > > no self, yet...
> > >  
> > > Mike
> > > 
> > > From: "siska_cen@" <siska_cen@>
> > > To: [email protected]
> > > Sent: Tuesday, 6 September 2011, 11:28
> > > Subject: Re: [Zen] Fwd: Re: [Zen Living] Supreme Vehicle
> > > 
> > > 
> > >   
> > > Hi Mike,
> > > 
> > > Don't really get it, if what were true?
> > > 
> > > Siska
> > > From: mike brown <uerusuboyo@> 
> > > Sender: [email protected] 
> > > Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 03:17:07 +0100 (BST)
> > > To: [email protected]<[email protected]>
> > > ReplyTo: [email protected] 
> > > Subject: Re: [Zen] Fwd: Re: [Zen Living] Supreme Vehicle
> > >   
> > > Hi Siska,
> > >  
> > > If that were true, then what wouldn't condemn you to 500 years as a fox?
> > >  
> > > Mike
> > > 
> > > From: "siska_cen@" <siska_cen@>
> > > To: [email protected]
> > > Sent: Monday, 5 September 2011, 18:48
> > > Subject: Re: [Zen] Fwd: Re: [Zen Living] Supreme Vehicle
> > > 
> > > 
> > >   
> > > Hi Mike,
> > > 
> > > > In other words, there is and there isn't a difference.
> > > 
> > > I like this.
> > > 
> > > Would statements implying there is or isn't a difference condemn you to 
> > > 500 years as a fox too? :-)
> > > 
> > > Siska
> > > From: mike brown <uerusuboyo@> 
> > > Sender: [email protected] 
> > > Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 11:17:44 +0100 (BST)
> > > To: [email protected]<[email protected]>
> > > ReplyTo: [email protected] 
> > > Subject: Re: [Zen] Fwd: Re: [Zen Living] Supreme Vehicle
> > >   
> > > 
> > > 
> > > >In truth, Two and One are in support of one another.
> > > 
> > > >>Here it seems that Rev Harvey makes distinction between Two and One. 
> > > >>Are they really different at all?
> > > 
> > > Siska,
> > > 
> > > Just as Bill! is condemed to live 500 years as a fox for saying 
> > > that an enlightened person isn't subject to karma (just as he 
> > > would be if he said that an enlightened person is 
> > > subject to karma), so with this question. There is no yes or no. 
> > > In other words, there is and there isn't a difference.
> > > 
> > > Mike  
> > >
> >
>






Reply via email to