Mike,

Thank you!

At first, I thought the book you reference was much too recent, being published 
in 2010, but then I read the Preface online and found Kornfield's mention of 
the 1977 manuscript, which puts it in the ballpark.  I read it 15 or 20 years 
ago.

I'll order the book from Amazon and enjoy it within a week.

Thank you very kindly and sincerely!

Maybe I just imagined that Goenka was included (I certainly imagined he HAD to 
be!).

Thank you again.

--Joe

PS  I like what comes out, below in your post, as "Jack adorn field".
 Was that intentional?  I mean, really?

> "mike" <uerusuboyo@...> wrote:
>
> Joe,
> 
> The nearest book I could find to which you might be referring to is: Living 
> Dharma: The Teachings of Twelve Buddhist Masters by Jack adorn field. 
> Kornfield was a student of Goenka and one of the twelve masters is Goenka's 
> own teacher. Ironically Goenka *isn't* included, but I think this is because 
> Goenka doesn't identify with any religion. If I come across any other book 
> that does include Goenka, then I'll pass it on to you.




------------------------------------

Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are 
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to