Bill!,

It's lovely.

Utterly eloquent.

And absolutely the simple truth.

I thought you had written this yourself.  I did not doubt it.

Then I noticed the leading quotation-mark, and "the missing trailing one".  And 
saw the attribution to the Korean master teacher.

What Seung Sahn says is also why I like seeing a pile of dry sticks, and how I 
learn from it.

Kudos Meester Beel!  Kudos!, Master Sahn.

y muchas gracias a Ustedes.

Cariños,

--Joe

> "Bill!" <BillSmart@...> wrote:
>
> "If you are thinking, you can't understand Zen. Anything that can be written 
> in a book, anything that can be said — all this is thinking ... but if you 
> read with a mind that has cut off all thinking, then Zen books, sutras and 
> Bibles are all the truth. So is the barking of a dog or the crowing of a 
> rooster. All things are teaching you at every moment, and these sounds are 
> even better teaching than Zen books.
> 
> SEUNG SAHN - Seung Sahn Haeng Won Dae Soen-sa, born Dok-In Lee, was a Korean 
> Jogye Seon master and founder of the international Kwan Um School of Zen—the 
> largest Zen institution present in the Western world.



------------------------------------

Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are 
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to