joe... it was in late 70's i grew the tree..it was cut down due to the thorns 
on the small trunk..or maybe it died..so it made a great stick..i had it my 
wardrobe..my parents came to stay whilst us the family went holiday..returned 
to find the stick missing... mmm..so you are going to start to make sticks with 
thorns too... ?..merle


  
Siska,

I became instantly so interested that I just ordered 150 Kapok tree seeds from 
eBay.  Ten bucks.  The seeds are coming from Indonesia.

Maybe I'll have to water the trees (if the seeds germinate) a lot in the 
desert?  "Rainforest tree" sounds as if it expects to get a lot to drink; we 
have about 8-12 inches of rain in a YEAR, here.  Of course, I can and do 
irrigate.  Sometimes it's so dry, I even have to water the cacti: I have 
several Saguaro, and Prickly Pear, and Old Man cactus.

I have many exotic and native trees on the property.  And Roses.  They do well! 
 Growing in a Blast-furnace.

--Joe

> siska_cen@... wrote:
>
> Hi Joe,
> 
> I think Kapok tree is a tropical rainforest tree. We used to have lots of 
> them in indonesia since our beds and pillows used to be filled with kapok. 
> Not sure now...


 

Reply via email to