From: "Joe" <desert_woodwor...@yahoo.com>
Sender: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 22:33:01
To: <Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Zen] javafred.net indonesian art

Siska,

I just "overheard" you write that.

I think you're very lucky to have met Guo Jun Fashi!  I mean, I am jealous.  He
seems so much like my Shifu in some ways.  But of course he is very young, and
is Sheng Yen's youngest Dharma heir (age 35?).

Can you please tell me where he teaches, now?  I would like to sit at least 7
days or 10 days with him in Chan retreat.  Has he become Abbot of a Center,
somewhere?

There exists a short 10-minute documentary video visit with Guo Jun, "Returning
Home"; I think it was filmed at the Dharma Drum retreat property in Pine Bush,
NY.  Have you seen it?  I've posted the link here before, and will do so again,
below, for you and for all:

http://www.tricycle.com/web-exclusive/returning-home

All best,

Strong practice,

--Joe / Guo-Xiang (but I don't use the Dharma name much; Ven. Guo Jun Fashi and
I are in the same generation, named by Master Sheng Yen; the next disciples to
be named will all begin with "Chang" as the first name; after that, the
following generation will be "Yan".  The order follows the order of words or
characters in a particular Chan poem; Sheng Yen's lineage has long used this
for the naming of all disciples, monastic and lay).  -J.