as if i did not know this mike..

thanks for sharing ...

 so a sunset just is

however...
what sort of a world is it if we cannot understand the concept of beauty... ?

merle..a snake with legs is a lizard...

Subject: Re: [Zen] Re: Say Bye-Bye to the Delusion of Cause-and-Effect and Karma

Merle,

A sunset just is. In Zen terms,  adding adjectives to it is like painting legs
on a snake. Beauty is not intrinsic to a sunset. In fact, it doesn't even exist
*in itself* when you consider it only appears from the perspective of where you
stand to view it.

Mike

Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPad

 bill..is that so?...is that what you have realised or have been told to
believe think and feel?.. have you never seen a beautiful sunset ?...merle

Merle,

Math is judged to be beautiful because it is logical. Yes.

Logic is judged to be beautiful because it deceives us into thinking we
understand the truth.

Truth is not beautiful or not-beautiful.  Truth just is.

All judgments come from your delusive intellect and self.  If you are looking
for 'realization' [Buddha Nature?] then you'll have to let go your attachments
to such things as self, intellect, truth and beauty.

...Bill!