Hi Luca,

Thanks for the update.  I was holding out hope that someone might have taken a
crack at it already.

Yes, TLS is a pretty complicated protocol that supports tons of different
cipher suites and options.  I certainly wouldn’t recommend reimplementing the
protocol natively inside 0MQ.

I’m just curious about how hard it would be for 0MQ to use (and expose) a D/TLS
implementation instead of TCP / UDP?

I’m guessing the primary obstacles would be dependence on an external D/TLS
library (which maybe could be addressed with conditional compilation), how to
have a simple 0MQ API that exposes the functionality / configurability of the
D/TLS transport, and possibly objections to the security models (e.g. - X509
certs, CAs, HMAC then encrypt, etc.) of TLS itself.

Thanks,
John