Hi Patrik,

I’m not terribly familiar with the details of elliptic curve cryptography
myself.

Even so, there must be a strong EC relationship (inversion?) between the public
and private parts of each key pair, just like there is for RSA key pairs.  I
highly doubt that simply using a random-ish transform of RSA parameters will
yield proper ECC key pairs.

I probably could automate the creation of a parallel PKI system, but then it
would need to be mapped to, maintained, watered, and fed alongside our X509 /
CA PKI infrastructure.  I doubt I want to take on that burden simply to reduce
my socket programming pains.

Thanks,
John