Iirc there was alreday in the past some such request in the past, but it never
came to pass.
In this era of mashups and webservices, having something more advanced than a
plain curl handle might be a good thingh.
I am offering the source code of my current library, implemented as part of the ggwebservices extension of ezpublish - you can find it here:
- it does not (yet) follow the zetac coding standards, but it is not too far
away from them imho
- it follows the original ezpublish soap api
- it implements both client and server side; client side can be scrapped or
rewritten based on zc-mvc
- it supports a wide range of protocols: soap, xmlrpc, jsonrpc, rest
- it supports curl and no-curl installations
Any comments are of course welcome