I volunteered to do a migration of the code to github.

I will do the following steps:

1. Do a SVN to Git migration for every component on its own. Every
component will have its own repository with issue tracker on Github.
2. Rewrite history to add composer.json files to all stable tags
3. Push to Github

Derick already opened an Organization on Github and I guess all current
committers will get write access to it.

Adding composer helps us with the deployment issue in the short term and in
the medium/long term we could maybe setup a pirum channel on github pages
to enable PEAR installation again. Composer can work with classmaps so that
the file/class layout is no problem for autoloading and components become
instantly usable by third parties.

The next step would then be that committers claim components and we
determine the deprecated/abandoned/maintained state of each of them. Every
maintainer is then responsible for getting the tests back running with the
new schema and adding this to travis-ci. I will attempt to do this for one
component as a demonstration.

I can't give a timeframe on this but will highly prioritize this and hope
to get it done within a week.

greetings,
Benjamin