On 18-Nov-06, at 2:01 PM, Bill Moore wrote:

Hi Michael.  Based on the output, there should be no user-visible file
corruption.  ZFS saw a bunch of checksum errors on the disk, but was
able to recover in every instance.

While 2-disk RAID-Z is really a fancy (and slightly more expensive,
CPU-wise) way of doing mirroring, at no point should your data be at
risk.

I've been working on ZFS a long time, and if what you say is true, it
will be the first instance I have ever seen (or heard) of such a
phenomenon.  I strongly doubt that somehow ZFS returned corrupted data
without knowing about it.

Also, I'd check your RAM.

--Toby

How are you sure that some application on
your box didn't modify the contents of the files?

--Bill