On 27-Jan-07, at 10:15 PM, Anantha N. Srirama wrote:

We had in flight data corruption that EMC faithfully wrote just like NetApp would in your case. Everybody is assuming that corruption or data loss occurs only on disks, it can happen everywhere. In a datacenter SAN you've so many more paths that can introduce data corruption. Hence the need for ensuring data integrity closest to the use of data, namely ZFS.

Now how do we get this message out there and understood, fellow evangelicals? :)

--Toby

ZFS will not stop alpha particle induced memory corruption after data has been received by server and verified to be correct. Sadly I've been hit with that as well.