On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 04:15:30PM -0800, Anantha N. Srirama wrote:

> I'm not sure what benefit you forsee by running a COW filesystem
> (ZFS) on a COW array (NetApp).

Assuming that that question was addressed to me, the primary feature
that I need from ZFS is snapshots.  The Netapp has snapshots too, but
they are done by disk blocks since, for an iSCSI LUN, the Netapp has
no concept of files.  ZFS snapshots allow restore of individual files
when users accidentally delete them.

As well, I do need a filesystem of some sort on the iSCSI LUN.  If
ZFS is superior to UFS in this application, I'd like to use it.