I was hoping that someone more well-versed in virtual machines
would respond to this so I wouldn't have to show my ignorance,
but no such luck, so here goes:

Is it even possible to build a virtual machine out of a
zfs storage pool?  Note that it isn't just zfs as a root file system
we're trying out.  It's the whole concept of booting from
a dataset within a storage pool.   I don't know enough about
how one sets up a virtual machine to know whether it's
possible or even meaningful to talk about generating a
b62-on-zfs virtual machine.

Lori

MC wrote:

If the goal is to test ZFS as a root file system, could I suggest making a
virtual machine of b62-on-zfs available for download?  This would reduce
duplicated effort and encourage new people to try it out.