On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 01:16:32PM +0200, Claus Guttesen wrote:

> iozone. So I installed solaris 10 on this box and wanted to keep it
> that way. But solaris lacks FreeBSD ports ;-) so when current upgraded

Not entirely.  :)

I don't know about FreeBSD PORTS, but NetBSD's ports system works very
well on solaris.  The only thing I didn't like about it is it considers
gcc a dependency to certain things, so even though I have Studio 11
installed, it would insist on installing gcc, which kinda irritated me. :)

-brian
--
"Perl can be fast and elegant as much as J2EE can be fast and elegant.
In the hands of a skilled artisan, it can and does happen; it's just