On 6/15/07, Will Murnane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Interesting in this regard is the yy-0221:
http://www.directron.com/yy0221bk.html with 10 3.5" bays (well-cooled,
too - fans mounted in front of 8 of them) and 6 5.25" bays.  This
doesn't leave much room for a power supply, unfortunately - the
Supermicro bays are almost 10" deep, and the case is only 18" deep.
I'll measure when I get home, but suffice it to say that the Enermax
EG651P-VE I have in mine (at 140mm deep, if the manufacturer specs are
correct) is a little on the tight side.

I've broken out the measuring tape as promised, and it isn't as
desperately tight as I remembered.  The case is 16 inches deep, not
counting the plastic front cover, the Supermicro cages take up almost
exactly 9 inches of that to the back of the fan.  The Enermax power
supply is actually 145mm deep by my measurements, not 140 as claimed,
and this leaves about an inch and a quarter between the fan and the
power supply.  With some creative fan replacement or a small power
supply, it's not too bad.

Will