Ed Saipetch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm experiencing major checksum errors when using a syba silicon image 3114
> based pci sata controller w/ nonraid firmware.  I've tested by copying data
> via sftp and smb.  With everything I've swapped out, I can't fathom this
> being a hardware problem.

I can.  But I suppose it could also be in some unknown way a driver issue.
Even before ZFS, I've had numerous situations where various si3112 and
3114 chips
would corrupt data on UFS and PCFS, with very simple  copy and checksum
test scripts, doing large bulk transfers.

Si chips are best used to clean coffee grinders.  Go buy a real SATA
controller.

Neal