Christian Kelly 写道:
> Hi Calum,
>
> heh, as it happens, I was tinkering with pygtk to see how difficult this
> would be :)
>
> Supposing I have a ZFS on my machine called root/export/home which is
> mounted on /export/home. Then I have my home dir as /export/home/chris.
> Say I only want to snapshot and backup /export/home/chris/Documents. I
> can't create a snapshot of /export/home/chris/Documents as it is a
> directory, I have to create a snapshot of the parent ZFS, in this case
> /export/home/. So there isn't really the granularity that the attached
> spec implies. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I just tried it and
> it didn't work.
>
> I've had a bit of a look at 'Time Machine' and I'd be more in favour of
> that style of backup. Just back up everything so I don't have to think
> about it. My feeling is that picking individual directories out just
> causes confusion. Think of it this way: how much change is there on a
> daily basis on your desktop/laptop? Those snapshots aren't going to grow
> very quickly.
Time Machine is storing all in the system by default, but you still can
select some ones that you don't like to store. And Time Machine don't
use ZFS.
Here we will use ZFS snapshot, and what it's working with is file
system. In Nevada, the default file system is not ZFS, it means some
directory is not ZFS, so seems you have to select some directory which
is ZFS, and it's impossible for you to store all, (some are not ZFS)...

--
Henry Zhang
JDS Software Development, OPG

Sun China Engineering & Research Institute
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
10/F Chuang Xin Plaza, Tsinghua Science Park
Beijing 100084, P.R. China
Tel: +86 10 62673866
Fax: +86 10 62780969
eMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]