On Fri, 11 Jul 2008, Tim wrote:

> 20k list gets you into a decked out storevault with FCP/iSCSI/NFS...  For
> being "just a jbod" this thing is ridiculously overpriced, sorry.
>
> I'm normally the first one to defend Sun when it come to decisions made due
> to an enterprise customer base, but this will not be one of those
> situations.

You are not required to purchase a Sun product.  Just purchase a
similar IBM or Adaptec JBOD product.  They will work fine with ZFS.
If Sun's product is over-priced, they will find out soon enough and
adjust their prices.  It may be that Sun initially sets the prices
very high so that after they start shipping they can reduce the price
and advertise the new bargian.

Bob