James Nord wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I moved from Sol 10 Update4 to update 6.
>
> Before doing this I exported both of my zpools, and replace the discs
> containing the ufs root on with two new discs (these discs did not have any
> zpool /zfs info and are raid mirrored in hardware)
>
> Once I had installed update6 I did a zpool import, but it only shows (and was
> able to) import one of the two pools.
>
> Looking at dmesg it appears as though I have lost one drive (although they
> are all physically accounted for).  However both my pools are running raidz2
> so even if I had lost one disc (another matter) I would still be able to
> expect to import them.
>
> If I swap back to my ufs root discs for update 4 then I can see the pool with
> import...
>
> I'm stuck as to what to do next?  Anyone any ideas?

Look at the list of disks in the output of format(1M) in Update 4,
compared with Update 6.
Are there any disks missing? (It shouldn't matter if the order is
different.)

If there is a disk missing, is it on a different type of controller from
the others? (Just wondering if a disk driver might have stopped working
for some reason between the two releases.)

--
Andrew