On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 12:31:05PM -0800, D. Eckert wrote:
> (...)
> You don't move a pool with 'zfs umount', that only unmounts a single zfs
> filesystem within a pool, but the pool is still active.. 'zpool export'
> releases the pool from the OS, then 'zpool import' on the other machine.
> (...)
>
> with all respect: I never read such a non logic ridiculous .

It's not "logic" -- it's what ZFS does.  It lets you have N filesystems
in one pool.  The price you pay is that unmounting one such filesystem
is insufficient to quiesce the pool in which that filesystem lives: you
must export the pool in order to quiesce it.

Perhaps what you want to argue is that unmounting the root filesystem of
a pool should cause the pool to be exported.

Nico