I have a H8DM8-2 motherboard with a pair of AOC-SAT2-MV8 SATA
controller cards in a 16-disk Supermicro chassis.

I'm running OpenSolaris 2008.11, and the machine performs very well
unless I start to copy a large amount of data to the ZFS (software
raid) array that's on the Supermicro SATA controllers.  If I do this,
the machine inevitably reboots.

What can I do to troubleshoot?  The BIOS of the motherboard and the
SATA card firmware are fully updated.  I'm running the latest stable
OpenSolaris, and see nothing amiss in the system logs when this
happens.  I've enabled savecore and debug-level syslog, but am getting
no indicators from Solaris as to what's wrong.

Interestingly, I can push the same amount of data to the mirror boot
disks, which are on the board's built-in nVidia SATA controller
without issue.

The vdev I'm pushing to is a 5-disk raidz2 with 2 hot spares.

Help!  :)