From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org
[mailto:zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Blake
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 4:45 PM
To: Richard Elling
Cc: Marc Bevand; zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] reboot when copying large amounts of data

I guess I didn't make it clear that I had already tried using savecore to
retrieve the core from the dump device.

I added a larger zvol for dump, to make sure that I wasn't running out of space
on the dump device:

r...@host:~# dumpadm
      Dump content: kernel pages
       Dump device: /dev/zvol/dsk/rpool/bigdump (dedicated) Savecore directory:
/var/crash/host
  Savecore enabled: yes

I was using the -L option only to try to get some idea of why the system load
was climbing to 1 during a simple file copy.