On 31 March, 2009 - Matthew Ahrens sent me these 10K bytes:

> FYI, I filed this PSARC case yesterday, and expect to integrate into
> OpenSolaris in April.  Your comments are welcome.
>
> http://arc.opensolaris.org/caselog/PSARC/2009/204/

Quota reporting over NFS or for userland apps like Samba? Using the old
school rquotad, something else or not at all? v3+v4?

Did i understand things right; If I assign 4gb quota to user X, and me
as sysadm wants to take extra snapshots to protect from mistakes or
speed up backup restores, that snapshot space is not counted into the
4gb quota? That is, is it like 'zfs set quota=N blah/X' or
'zfs set refquota=N blah/X' ?

Other than that, great news! The original idea of "use filesystems
instead, they are cheap" was good in theory.. unfortunately, it didn't
scale as well..

/Tomas - wants to get rid of the last UFS's
--
Tomas Ögren, st...@acc.umu.se, http://www.acc.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå