>River Tarnell wrote:
>> Matthew Ahrens:
>>> ZFS user quotas (like other zfs properties) will not be accessible over NFS;
>>> you must be on the machine running zfs to manipulate them.
>>
>> does this mean that without an account on the NFS server, a user cannot see
>> his
>> current disk use / quota?
>
>That's correct.

So that's different from ufs with NFS where rquotad and the NFS client
code makes sure that you can see the "melbourne" quota from the UFS server.

I know that this is one of the additional protocols developed for NFSv2
and NFSv3; does NFSv4 has a similar mechanism to get the quota?

Is there any reason why rquota is not supported?  (It's not about
manipulating quota; only displaying)

Casper