On Jul 30, 2009, at 2:15 AM, Cyril Plisko wrote:

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Darren J
Moffat<darr...@opensolaris.org> wrote:
Roman V Shaposhnik wrote:

On the read-only front: wouldn't it be cool to *not* run zfs sends
explicitly but have:
   .zfs/send/<snap name>
   .zfs/sendr/<from-snap-name>-<to-snap-name>
give you the same data automagically?
On the read-write front: wouldn't it be cool to be able to snapshot
things by:
   $ mkdir .zfs/snapshot/<snap-name>

That already works if you have the snapshot delegation as that user. It
even works over NFS and CIFS.

WOW !  That's incredible !  When did that happen ? I was completely
unaware of that feature and I am sure plenty of people out there never
heard of that as well.

Most folks don't RTFM :-)  Cindy does an excellent job of keeping track
of new features and procedures in the ZFS Administration Guide. This
one is example 9-6 under the Using ZFS Delegated Administration
section.
 -- richard