Many sysadmins recommends raidz2. The reason is, if a drive breaks and you have
to rebuild your array, it will take a long time with a large drive. With a 4TB
drive or larger, it could take a week to rebuild your array! During that week,
there will be heavy load on the rest of the drives, which may break another
drive - and all your data is lost. Are you willing to risc that? With 2TB
drives, might take 24h or more.

I will soon be migrating to raidz2 because I expect to swap all my drives to
larger and larger ones. First 2TB drives. Then 4TB drives. And still keep the
same nr of drives in my array. In the future, I expect to have 4TB drives. Then
I will be glad I have opted for raidz2.