> So, yes, SSD and HDD are different, but latency is still important.

But on SSD, write performance is much more unpredictable than on HDD.

If you want to write to SSD you will have to erase the used blocks (assuming
this is not a brand-new SSD) before you are able to write to them.

This takes much time, assuming the drive's firmeware doesn't do this by
itself...but who can tell.

I replaced my notebooks internal HDD with an "cheap" SSD.

At first I was impressed but in the meantime writes are unpredictable (copy
times differ from 1h to 60 seconds on a
Single file).

If there is a difference to "enterprise-grade" SSDs, please let me know!