On Jan 2, 2010, at 19:44, Erik Trimble wrote:

I do think the market is slight larger: Hitachi and EMC storage arrays/big SAN controllers, plus all Linux boxes once Brtfs actually matures enough to be usable. I don't see MSFT making any NTFS changes to help here, but they are doing some research/ development on a next-gen filesystem (didn't make it into Windows 2008, but maybe Win2011), so we'll have to see what that entails.

Apple is (sadly?) probably developing their own new file system as well.

Of course Microsoft is the 362 kg gorilla, especially when it comes to the consumer space.