On Feb 6, 2010, at 10:18 PM, Christo Kutrovsky wrote:

> Me too,  I would like to know the answer.
>
> I am considering Gigabyte's i-RAM for ZIL, but I don't want to worry what
> happens if the battery dies after a system crash.

There are two different things here:

1. Opening a pool with a missing or broken top-level slog
2. Importing a pool with a missing or broken top-level slog

#1 works today.  The pool goes into the faulted state and the administrator has
the ability to consciously repair the fault (thereby throwing away some amount
of committed data) or re-attach the device if it is indeed just missing.

#2 is being worked on, but also does not affect the standard reboot case.

- Eric

--
Eric Schrock, Fishworks                        http://blogs.sun.com/eschrock