Well, it doesn't seem like this is possible -- I was hoping there was
some "hacky" way to do it via zdb or something.

Sun support pointed me to a document[1] that leads me to believe this
might have worked on OpenSolaris.  Anyone out there in Sun-land care to
comment?

To recap, I accidentally created two zeparate slog/zil devices in my
zpool instead of a mirror.  I want to remove one of them.

I wonder if this will be possible in Solaris 10 U9?  I'm considering
migrating all my data off and rebuilding the zpool, but might wait for
U9 if I can remove zil devices then.

Thanks,
Ray

[1] http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-2271/gayrd?a=view