Correct, if you upgraded this pool, you would not be able to import
it back on your existing Solaris 10 system.

My advice would be to wait.

Cindy

On 02/25/10 13:05, Ray Van Dolson wrote:
On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 11:55:35AM -0800, Cindy Swearingen wrote:
Ray,

Log removal integrated into build 125, so yes, if you upgraded to at
least OpenSolaris build 125 you could fix this problem. See the syntax
below on my b133 system.

In this particular case, importing the pool from b125 or later media
and attempting to remove the log device could not fix this problem unless you also upgraded the pool version, because it is the pool
version that provides support for this operation.

I hope someone else has a better idea...

Thanks Cindy.  I need to stay on Solaris 10 for the time being, so I'm
guessing I'd have to Live boot into an OpenSolaris build, fix my pool
then hope it re-imports into Solaris 10 (I would imagine it wouldn't
though).  Might be a little too adventurous for my tastes right now...
:)

I'd really like to know if the ZFS changes from b125 will be merged
into Solaris 10 either pre-U9 or for U9...
I'm debating just waiting to fix this until then.

Ray

Thanks,

Cindy

# zpool create tank mirror c2t10d0 c2t9d0 log c2t8d0 c2t7d0
# zpool status tank
   pool: tank
  state: ONLINE
  scrub: none requested