So we tried recreating the pool and sending the data again.

1) compression wasn't set on the copy, even though I did sent -R, which is
supposed to send all properties
2) I tried killing to send | receive pipe. Receive couldn't be killed. It hung.
3) This is Solaris Cluster. We tried forcing a failover. The pool mounted on
the other server without dismounting on the first. zpool list showed it mounted
on both machines. zpool iostat showed I/O actually occurring on both systems.

Altogether this does not give me a good feeling about ZFS. I'm hoping the
problem is just with receive and CLuster, and the it works properly on a single
system. Because i'm running a critical database on ZFS on another system.