On Wed, 31 Mar 2010, Charles Hedrick wrote:

3) This is Solaris Cluster. We tried forcing a failover. The pool mounted on the other server without dismounting on the first. zpool list showed it mounted on both machines. zpool iostat showed I/O actually occurring on both systems.

This is a good way to permanently toast your whole pool. It is so scary, that I would hesitate to build such a system without something mechanical (some sort of a switch) enforcing that only one system has access to the pool at once. Even then, it should be necessary for the pool to be explicitly imported on the standby system.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn