> > Why do you want them to "GPL" ZFS?  In what way would that save you
> annoyance?
>
> I actually think Doug was trying to say he wished Oracle would open the
> development and make the source code open-sourced, not necessarily
> GPL'd.

Yes.  I don't really care which specific license it is, as long as it allows
ZFS to go into Linux.

How would it save me annoyance?  I find it *hugely* annoying that I can't use
ZFS in Linux, and that a huge parallel effort (the horribly-named "btrfs") is
required to duplicate something that already exists in a stable, powerful
incarnation.  And even that will be several years at least before it's even
close to "done" enough for people to trust it in production.
Learn more about Merchant Link at www.merchantlink.com.

THIS MESSAGE IS CONFIDENTIAL.  This e-mail message and any attachments are
proprietary and confidential information intended only for the use of the
recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
print, distribute, or copy this message or any attachments.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail
and delete this message and any attachments from your computer.