Tim Cook wrote:

>"Claiming you'd start paying for Solaris if they gave you ZFS for free in
>Linux is absolutely ridiculous."

*Start* paying?  You clearly have NO idea what it costs to run Solaris in a
production environment with support.  For what we pay it seems like they should
send us a Solaris developer to sit at our company full-time and bring us coffee
when he isn't making custom changes for us.  And he could have a secretary.

> "The problem is, what you're saying amounts to: I want Oracle to port ZFS to
> linux because I don't want to pay for it.  I don't want to pay Oracle for it,
> and I want to be able to use it any way I see fit."

You're just putting words in my mouth.  I never said "I don't want to pay for
it."  If Oracle released "ZFS for Linux" as a product and charged money for it,
I'd be very willing to consider it - if it were reasonably priced.  Which it
wouldn't be, it would likely cost $8,735 - per processor!

Learn more about Merchant Link at www.merchantlink.com.

THIS MESSAGE IS CONFIDENTIAL.  This e-mail message and any attachments are
proprietary and confidential information intended only for the use of the
recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
print, distribute, or copy this message or any attachments.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail
and delete this message and any attachments from your computer.