There's nothing odd about the physical mounting of the hard drives. All drives
are firmly attached and secured in their casings, no loose connections etc.
There is some dust but not more than the hardware should be able to handle.

I replaced the hard drive with another one of the same size, I find it a little
disturbing that the new drive doesn't have the same denomination as the old one
(i.e. c9t8d0 instead of c9t3d0). If the denominations get changed it will get
much more difficult to locate the physical location of the drives. Maybe there
is a way to change the denomination so that the logical associations are
maintained.

At the end of the resilvering process I noticed that the c9d0t0 started to get
resilvered too. I found that quite disturbing. After running "iostat -En" I saw
that it now has errors. I no longer have freezes when accessing the pool (I
have yet to try this more thoroughly though) and it isn't as slow as it used to
be, but it seems that I need to replace yet another drive.

I really hope Samsung will accept the RMA. zpool doesn't report any errors when
requesting status whereas iostat does and this is quite disturbing why it
doesn't. If the errors are so concealed then a regular diagnostic may not
detect them and Samsung may decline the RMA as these errors are not shown in
their diagnostic procedures which I believe they run on any RMA before
acceptance is considered.