On Tue, 21 Dec 2010, Robin Axelsson wrote:

There's nothing odd about the physical mounting of the hard drives. All drives
are firmly attached and secured in their casings, no loose connections etc.
There is some dust but not more than the hardware should be able to handle.

I replaced the hard drive with another one of the same size, I find it a little disturbing that the new drive doesn't have the same denomination as the old one (i.e. c9t8d0 instead of c9t3d0). If the

In most cases, the device name is tied to the slot rather than the purpose of the drive. Was the replacement drive inserted in the same slot or a different slot?

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn