On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 6:56 PM, Rich Morris <rich.mor...@oracle.com> wrote:
> On 04/05/11 17:29, Ian Collins wrote:

> If there are clones then zfs destroy should report that.  The error being
> reported is "dataset is busy" which would be reported if there are user
> holds on the snapshots that can't be deleted.
>
> Try running "zfs holds zpool-01/dataset-01@1299636001"

xxx> zfs holds zpool-01/dataset-01@1299636001
NAME                               TAG            TIMESTAMP
zpool-01/dataset-01@1299636001  .send-18440-0  Tue Mar 15 20:00:39 2011
xxx> zfs holds zpool-01/dataset-01@1300233615
NAME                               TAG            TIMESTAMP
zpool-01/dataset-01@1300233615  .send-18440-0  Tue Mar 15 20:00:47 2011
xxx>

    That is what I was looking for. Looks like when a zfs send got
killed it left a hanging lock (hold) around. I assume the next
export/import (not likely as this is a production zpool) or a reboot
(will happen eventually, and I can wait) these will clear. Unless
there is a way to force clear the hold.

Thanks Rich.

--
Paul Kraus