> From: Sandon Van Ness [mailto:san...@van-ness.com]
>
> ZFS resilver can take a very long time depending on your usage pattern.
> I do disagree with some things he said though... like a 1TB drive being
> able to be read/written in 2 hours? I seriously doubt this. Just reading
> 1 TB in 2 hours means an average speed of over 130 megabytes/sec.

1Gbit/sec sustainable sequential disk speed is not uncommon these days, and
it is in fact the performance of the disks in the system in question.  SATA
7.2krpm disks...  Not even special disks.  Just typical boring normal disks.

> Definitely no way to be that fast with reading *and* writing 1TB of data
> to the drive. I guess if you count reading from one and writing to the
> other. 3 hours is a much more likely figure and best case.

No need to read & write from the same drive.  You can read from one drive
and write to the other simultaneously at full speed.  If there is any
performance difference between read & write on these drives, it's not
measurable.