> I am having a problem after a new install of Solaris 10. The installed
> rpool
> works fine when I have only those disks connected. When I connect
> disks from
> an rpool I created during a previous installation, my newly installed
> rpool
> is ignored even though the BIOS (x86) is set to boot only from the new
> rpool
> drives. When the system starts it uses the old rpool! How can I get
> around
> this? I want to use my new install and then import the old rpool under
> a new
> name, and clean things up.

Boot on the install CD, import the old rpool (leave the new rpool drives
unplugged) and export it again. Once you have rebooted on the new rpool, you
can reimport the old rpool with a new name (rpool import someid newname). Keep
in mind that reimporting an rpool may render it useless for booting, at least
that's not optimal.

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--