On 08/ 4/11 01:29 AM, Stuart James Whitefish wrote:
I have Solaris on Sparc boxes available if it would help to do a net install
or jumpstart. I have never done those and it looks complicated, although I
think I may be able to get to the point in the u9 installer on my Intel box
where it asks me whether I want to install from DVD etc. But I may be wrong,
and anyway the single user shell in the u9 DVD also panics when I try to import
tank so maybe that won't help.

Put your old drive in a USB enclosure and connect it to another system in order
to read back the data.

I have only 4 sata ports on this Intel box so I have to keep pulling cables
to be able to boot from a DVD and then I won't have all my drives
available. I cannot move these drives to any other box because they are
consumer drives and my servers all have ultras.

Most modern boards will be boot from a live USB stick.

--
Ian.