> From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:zfs-discuss-
> boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Stefan Ring
> I’ve been running a raidz1 on three 1TB consumer disks for
> approx. 2 years now (about 90% full), and I scrub the pool every 3-4
> weeks and have never had a single error.

Well...  You're probably not 100% active 100% of the time...
Assuming the failure rate of drives is not linear, but skewed toward higher
failure rate after some period of time (say, 3 yrs) then you're more likely to
experience no errors for the first year or two, and you're more likely to
experience multiple simultaneous failures after 3yrs or so.